Pediatric Dental Care in Kansas City
Pediatric dental care is taken seriously at Kansas City Kansas Dental Professionals. Our doctors and staff are here to support and aide you, as parents, in maintaining your child’s teeth and oral health. We have a commitment to care for our patients from the time their first tooth comes in through the rest of their life. The American Dental Association recommends that your child has their first dental visit at age one; this is also when we welcome your child into our office for their first dental visit. To make our younger patients more comfortable, we allow the exams to be performed while sitting on the parent’s lap. Our office provides cable TV in each treatment room to make the experience more pleasant. At KCKDP we provide many services for children including nitrous oxide (laughing gas), sealants, and fluoride. Sealants and fluoride work together, along with regular check-ups and at home care, to protect your child’s teeth from cavities. Although we are not a pediatric dental office, our team is educated and great with explaining dental procedures to children to help them feel more comfortable. We have even had children tell us that they love coming to the dentist!
Pediatric dental care starts early!
Tips for parents:
- Help your child brush their teeth for two minutes twice daily (set a timer, make it fun)Use your child’s fingernail to measure how much toothpaste goes on their brush.
- Use your child’s fingernail to measure how much toothpaste goes on their brush.
- Avoid sugary snacks and drinks including juice, sports drinks, or chocolate milk, and have them brush immediately after consuming snacks.
- Use age appropriate toothbrush, toothpaste, and mouth rinses.
- Visit your dentist twice a year to check for cavities and evaluate how their teeth are coming in.